Cheryl's Travel Page
This page documents travel that can be displayed on a map (or, if you download the KML/GPX files, can by displayed by any application that can read them). The Family Vacation section is under construction.
Acadia National Park and vicinity...All hiking/walking/canoeing/biking on Mount Desert Island, Maine (2011 through 2021, excluding in-town walking): GPX, view map (Newly updated: 2021-06-14, fixing some bad and missing tracks from previous versions.)
Farthest north, south, etc. (on the ground):
- Farthest north (67.3305° N: about 10 km NW of Fauske, Norway, 2015-07-31) (based on Google Maps & GPS track)
- Farthest east (15.4685° E: about 7 km SE of Storjord, Norway, 2015-07-31) (based on Google Maps & GPS track)
- Farthest south (1.2522° N: Singapore, 2016-12-01) (based on GPS track)
- Farthest west (103.6961° E (relative to home): Singapore, 2016-11-29) (based on GPS track)
Farthest from "home" (in this case, it's Norman, Oklahoma, USA) I've ever been: (1.2522° N, 103.8182° E, in Singapore on 2016-12-01). Distance: 15,408 km, or about 77% of the way to the opposite side of the Earth. This is the same location as the farthest south point. (Based on GPS track.)
Family Vacations of Yesteryear
NOTE: Because of changes with Google Maps, these maps are currently not displayable there. The maps are now displayed on OpenStreetMaps maps, but do not show the correct colors (see next paragraph), and the waypoints do not show labels.
[Does not currently work] The color scheme is such that red lines are outbound, and green lines are returning home (similar to the standard velocity color scheme for WSR-88D weather radars). The lines alternate light/dark each day.
- 1965-(under construction): text only list of overnight stays in later (interstate) trips
- 1964: North Carolina
- 1963: Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin
- 1962: Wisconsin (Dells)
- 1961: North Carolina (it is doubtful that I was included in this trip, but the records are unclear)
- This map shows the year I first visited each state/province/territory in the USA and Canada.
- Here is a map of how many calendar years it's been since I have been to these states/provinces/territories in the USA and Canada.
- This map shows the number of visits to each state, province, territory I've made. Multiple visits to a state/province/territory on a single trip count as one visit here.